Educated : a memoir / Tara Westover.
- 3 of 39 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Vanderhoof Public Library.
55 current holds with 39 total copies.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Vanderhoof Public Library||370 WES (Text)||35193000340168||Adult Non-Fiction||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781443452489 (trade paperback)
- ISBN: 9781443452472 (hardcover)
- Physical Description: xv, 334 pages ; 23 cm
- Edition: First Canadian edition.
- Publisher: Toronto : HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, 2018.
- Copyright: ©2018
Tara Westover was seventeen the first time she set foot in a classroom. Born to survivalists in the mountains of Idaho, she prepared for the end of the world by stockpiling home-canned peaches and sleeping with her "head-for-the-hills bag." In the summer she stewed herbs for her mother, a midwife and healer, and in the winter she salvaged in her father's junkyard. The family was so isolated from mainstream society that there was no one to ensure the children received an education, and no one to intervene when one of Tara's older brothers became violent. As a way out, Tara began to educate herself, learning enough mathematics and grammar to be admitted to Brigham Young University. Her quest for knowledge would transform her, taking her over oceans and across continents, to Harvard and to Cambridge. Only then would she wonder if she'd traveled too far, if there was still a way home.