River to redemption / Ann H. Gabhart.
- 1 of 2 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Vanderhoof Public Library.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Vanderhoof Public Library||PB GEN GAB (Text)||35193000355661||Adult Paperback||Volume hold||Checked out||2019-09-03|
- ISBN: 9780800723644 (paperback)
- Physical Description: 330 pages ; 22 cm
- Publisher: Grand Rapids, Michigan : Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, 2018.
- Copyright: ©2018.
Orphaned in the cholera epidemic of 1833, Adria Starr was cared for by a slave named Louis, a man who stayed in Springfield, Kentucky, when anyone with means had fled. A man who passed up the opportunity to escape his bondage and instead tended to the sick and buried the dead. A man who, twelve years later, is being sold by his owners despite his heroic actions. Now nineteen, Adria has never forgotten what Louis did for her. She's determined to find a way to buy Louis's freedom. But in 1840s Kentucky, she'll face an uphill battle.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Orphans > Fiction.
Slaves > Fiction.
Kentucky > Fiction.