Hazards of time travel : a novel / Joyce Carol Oates.
- 11 of 13 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Vanderhoof Public Library.
0 current holds with 13 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Vanderhoof Public Library||AF OAT (Text)||35193000345639||Adult Fiction||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780062319593 (hardcover) :
- Physical Description: 324 pages ; 24 cm
- Publisher: New York, New York : Ecco, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, 
- Copyright: ©2018.
“Time travel” -- and its hazards -- are made literal in this astonishing new novel in which a recklessly idealistic girl dares to test the perimeters of her tightly controlled (future) world and is punished by being sent back in time to a region of North America -- “Wainscotia, Wisconsin” -- that existed eighty years before. Cast adrift in time in this idyllic Midwestern town she is set upon a course of “rehabilitation” -- but cannot resist falling in love with a fellow exile and questioning the constrains of the Wainscotia world with results that are both devastating and liberating.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Time travel > Fiction.
Exile (Punishment) > Fiction
Young women > Fiction
Totalitarianism > Fiction
Wisconsin > Fiction.